I had posted a blog entitled Accountability, Pornography and Sexual Detox. There were numerous responses, in fact it was the most read blog I have made to date. I received a few positive messages in agreement, but about 60% of the messages were negative. Thereforee I have removed the Blog. Let me give you a rundown of the responses against accountability partners and groups:
1. Man should not seek forgiveness from another man, but from God and the person he sinned against.
2. By fearing our accountability more than God and His word, were committ idolatry.
3. Married men should be accountable only to thier wives as they are one body.
4. Accountability Partners/groups could give bad advice to someone living in sin.
5. Being apart of an accountability group encourages a person to continue in sin, much like roman catholic confession, the person will feel “relief” and continue to sin knowing they can come back next week for more relief.
I can see how those issues have validity so I have removed my post and humbly admit that I am not a pastor or a theologian.
I will be checking with some pastor friends of mine to get a “learned” viewpoint on this issue for myself. Thanks for reading