Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Pastor J – jelillie – has nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I am humbled that God has seen fit use this jumble of thoughts to reach people far outside of my “circle.” I thought that maybe 10 people would read it (my mom, my wife, my friends etc). I never dreamt it would be read by so many people from places as far away as Brazil, the Netherlands and Australia. For instance – Pastor J is in the eastern USA and I am in western Canada. Pastor J is a pastor at a Pentecostal Church and I am a just a dad in a Reformed Church, Pastor J has 3 kids in Bible College. I have 2 kids- 1 in kindergarten and 1 in diapers. I pray that God would continue to use this blog for His glory. Thank you for the honour Pastor J.
So in order to “accept” this award I now have to share seven things about myself and nominate other bloggers for the award.
So here are 7 things about me!
1. I am currently employed as a building maintenance worker at a university.
2. I have 2 children, both girls, aged 2 and 5.
3. I like watching hockey. I am a Canucks fan. I don’t like watching other sports at all. I like soccer – but only playing it – I am coaching my daughter’s soccer team this year.
4. I am introverted by nature, until I am talking about the things of God.
5. I met my wife while working at Wendy’s at the age of 18.
6. Music is very important to me. My favorite hymn is “The Churches One Foundation.” My favorite Psalm is 134. My favorite CCM band is Casting Crowns. I also enjoy listening to Johnny Cash. The last song I listened too…was… (let me check my history) “10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)” by Matt Redman. The next song I am going to listen to is “While you were sleeping” by Casting Crowns…ok next point J
7. My favorite food is New York Striploin grilled by my father in law ( I am not sucking up – it is really good.)
Now I have to nominate some others for the award. This is so hard. Blogs I find inspiring that would never accept the award are Challies.com, Deyoung Restless and Reformed, Desiring God, Ligonier, and so on. So here some lesser known blogs that I enjoy and find inspirational: