10 Things I am Thankful For
On January 31, 1957 Canadian Parliament issued a proclamation to fix permanently the second Monday in October as “a day of general Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed.”
Sadly most Canadians do not recognize an “Almighty God” nor do they give him thanks for anything.
There is so much to be thankful for. I had a tough time narrowing this down to 10 things!
- The grace, mercy and love of our Father in heaven. Revealed to us in Jesus Christ and the Gospel of Him crucified and resurrected, and for the Holy Spirit who regenerates, sanctifies, and empowers us to live a life of thankfulness to God.
- My family: My beautiful wife Teresa and my beautiful daughters Kaitlyn and Meagan who make my life complete. My mom, brothers, in-laws, cousins, nieces, nephews, uncles and aunts – everyone who makes life more interesting and fulfilling. My Brothers and Sisters in Christ in the local expression of the body of Christ of which I am a part – The Canadian Reformed Church at Chilliwack.
- The ability and opportunity to work and volunteer so I can provide for my family and the less fortunate around me.
- The ability and opportunity to write, read, speak and worship freely without persecution in this country of Canada.
- My family’s health. My health.
- This extended sunshine we are having in the valley.
- The way Meagan giggles.
- Kaitlyns’ shy face.
- Teresa’s love.
- Sleeping in on thanksgiving.