Thanksgiving After a Long Year
It is nearly 10am, and I am still in my pajamas.
Flannel pants, which are too big, and a white cotton t shirt with little holes and stains all over it. Not pretty, but very comfortable. I have 5 days of stubble growth on my face, and I don’t plan on shaving. I am taking a few days off for the Thanksgiving long weekend. Alright, I do have some small things to do. Like client follow ups and some quotes etc. but for the most part, I am taking it off. I have sent out a few emails, replied to a few messages…man I have a LOT of messages. If I don’t get back to you this weekend, sorry… I also need to get a personal phone.
I have turned on my out of office reply, and hopefully can take some time off.
My coffee has gone cold, as type this. Be right back…
Teresa is at work. That kind of sucks. But its work. Kaitlyn is still in bed. I wish she would get up. Meagan is up with her friend who is sleeping over this week. They love to leave a trail of pink glittery beanie boo, pokemon card destruction in their wake. Noah is running around singing some song about shoes and superman…and there is a TON of racket coming from downstairs. Sounds like marble cannon balls being fired at Lego castles…I have not been downstairs yet, its probably a disaster. Legos are like the minefields of the child’s war zone…
I also have not checked his diaper. The howitzer…
Be right back.
When is that boy going to learn to poop on the potty? yuck
So its thanksgiving. And as I read back my initial thoughts, I realize I have a lot to be thankful for.
- I am thankful for the ability to turn off the ringer on my phone. It may upset some people. But I don’t want to talk today… or tomorrow. If you need to contact me, call the home phone, which I may or may not have turned the ringer off… which I am also thankful for. Facebook messenger may be the best way to get a hold of me, which I will check on occasion, if I feel like it. I am also thankful for Facebook.
- Cancer & Chemo… I am thankful for Cancer. Not that I had it, or that I had to have chemo, that all sucked worse than I ever thought possible. I am thankful for Cancer because I got meet the Lord on a new level. I was blessed to witness the communion of the saints like never before. I saw the Love of Christ poured out through his hands (the church) in so many ways. I am thankful for chemo and doctors and nurses, whom the Lord used to save my life. I am also thankful that my cancer appears to be gone, and I wont likely require anymore treatment.
- I am thankful for facial hair. While on chemo, my face was eerily smooth, I was thankful that I didnt have to shave while on chemo…but now I am thankful for the hair.
- I am thankful that our bank account dried up, and I was too weak to work full time. This caused us to start the business we now have. I can employ another brother from the church, I can support my family. I have a truck. I am thankful for my truck. 4×4, heavy duty…I have always wanted a truck. *manly grunts*
- I am thankful that I have coffee which can get cold. (and it has yet again) I am also thankful for the 16 year old microwave we have, which still works.
- I am thankful that I have a wife. And that she works. The Lord blessing us with her job, helped us get through the past year of cancer, chemo, and a business start up.
- I am thankful that Kaitlyn has a bed in which she can waste a morning away.
- I am thankful that meagan has a friend over, and that we can afford to have all the toys that make up their pink glittery wake of beanie boo destruction…
- I am thankful that my kids are healthy, and that Noahs Diapers almost hold an entire night’s worth of pee and the morning howitzer…almost…I will be SO thankful when he is potty trained.
- I am thankful for this little neglected blog, and the old computer I can use to write posts with. I am thankful that anyone would want to read my thoughts. Really. It is mindboggling.
- I am thankful for BC affordable housing, which we have lived in for the past 10 months. It allowed has us to get back on our feet. We move at the end of the month into a detached home with a big yard for my trailer and room for the kids to play. I am thankful for that as well.
- I am thankful most of all for the active obedience of Christ. For his sacrifice. For his resurrection. For his ongoing intercession. For the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, for grace, mercy and love.
What are you thankful for?